We are proud to begin our weekly posts ON Lefkosia, (or anything interesting around us at the moment) with this very special exhibition by Asteris Gekas at The Office gallery in old town Lefkosia. It truly is a very unique piece of work by the Greek artist who, inspired by his father's shoemaking moulds, created these small pieces of art.
The items themselves-old and eternally charming-are transformed by the artist into living things; something new is born out of something old. Bright and cheerful, with mediterranean colours and patterns that remind us of cypriot flora, with a strong pointalistc influence, these pieces are definetely worth seeing. The exhibition is open until November 30th and it takes place at The Office gallery, a renovated old shoemaker's workshop, now used as an office and gallery space by Asteris Gekas' son, Tasos.
The Office gallery: 32 Kleanthi Christofidi, old town Lefkosia, tel: +357 99848495
- Invitation for screenprinting exhibition by Constantinos Kouyialis
- ON Lefkosia 2: Froso Mavrou's winter handbags collection
- Happy new year 2012!
- Artists' Bazaar,2011 at the Leventis Municipal Museum of Lefkosia
- New range of products launched at a wonderful day at the museum!
- Nicosia downtown shop opening Friday 12th November!